Showing: 1 - 4 of 4

Thread: Using Tarot

Member Angel Worker Crystal Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Using Tarot

I wondered if anyone here uses Tarot regularly and if so which deck they use?

Do you read for yourself?

Do you read for others?

I have a few new decks and they seem to keep my enthusiasm alive as each one is different and gives a fresh approach to Tarot and readings.

Using tarot or any other cards as a stepping stone to giving spirit readings is an interesting way to start out and one that many use to help their development.

So as I was sitting here floating around with my cards just musing I wondered is anyone else interested in discussing tarot here, in fact are we allowed or does it have to be only in chat?
    ~*~ "Just when you are about to give up, miracles happen." ~*~

Thanks

Hmmmm... Good question. I have a new deck recently called tarot familiars by Lisa Parker. I mostly usually only use Sirian Starseed Tarot or Mystic Dreamer. I do read for others, but find i struggle reading for myself.
    Even though putting the I in the equation is a challenge, you just need to cut the I out of the equation when reading for the self, usually. I find the on the cuff class with tarot cards easier as it helps you explore each card, but in time, may produce your own
    style of reading from it. Perhaps it might be a good suggestion to attend the class crystal rose, may bring in some inspiration for the cards you have already. I also find spread work complicated so I tend to go where the card wishes to be placed.
    It is , after all much like crystals, a working bond between your decks, getting to know them first would be a good step forward too into trusting your instincts.

I've actually reached the stage where spirit are now telling me to not use cards so I find myself less using cards than more. Only if drawn to.
    The Universe Is A Vast Place Of Positive Energy. Be Wise, Be Courageous and Just Be Yourself.

Member Angel Worker Crystal Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Cindra, Thanks for answering,

Quote Originally Posted by Cindra View Post
    Hmmmm... Good question. I have a new deck recently called tarot familiars by Lisa Parker. I mostly usually only use Sirian Starseed Tarot or Mystic Dreamer. I do read for others, but find i struggle reading for myself.
    What did you make of the 'Familiars' deck? I was very disappointed with it, in fact a little bit sad, it didn't come close to the web pictures and then the pips made me feel I was cheated out of more pictures. But I love the black cat

Even though putting the I in the equation is a challenge, you just need to cut the I out of the equation when reading for the self, usually. I find the on the cuff class with tarot cards easier as it helps you explore each card, but in time, may produce your own
    style of reading from it.
    There are some individual ways of learning to read for oneself, it can be done quite easily, but I know many people have problems with it and some actually advise against it, you just have to know how to do it.

Perhaps it might be a good suggestion to attend the class crystal rose, may bring in some inspiration for the cards you have already. I also find spread work complicated so I tend to go where the card wishes to be placed.
    It is , after all much like crystals, a working bond between your decks, getting to know them first would be a good step forward too into trusting your instincts.
    I do attend Silent's 'Off The Cuff' tarot class whenever I can. (Tuesday 10pm UK time)
    It is an interesting and fun experience and lovely to see how other members view the cards. It would be great to see more people pop in but I get the feeling that the word 'Tarot' may put some people off? There were only a few of us there this week which is a great shame as sharing our insights is valuable experience to gain and boost confidence.

I've actually reached the stage where spirit are now telling me to not use cards so I find myself less using cards than more. Only if drawn to.
    Oh, that's a shame. You obviously see Tarot as a stepping stone then? I see it as completely separate to spirit. Many tarot readers I know do not even believe in spirit, but they give excellent tarot readings, how about that? Tarot should be seen as different to spirit readings because it is.
    If spirit decide to visit then that may or may not have anything to do with the cards. Sometimes using the cards can tune people's consciousness into a different frequency and so makes them more open and aware of spiritual activity. In fact there is a way to teach exactly that. Other times spirit were there already.

Reading tarot is an ancient mystical art?
    ~*~ "Just when you are about to give up, miracles happen." ~*~

Thanks

Not really. I've been using tarot for as long as I can remember since I first started collecting decks. I must confess I haven't used the deck itself yet to gain a insight as to what it is like to use in a read.
    Though currently there is something about it that seems amiss, almost as if one needs to get to know the deck first to be able to use it and work with it. I do love the wolf cards though as with the black cat imagery.
    I prefer Dark Fairytale Tarot though, ought to get my cards of that out. It is a stepping stone to working with as a tool, and your intuition, I believe. As are the many tools you can use. I view Tarot is entirely different avenue than to working with spirit, though.
    I do think tarot can be misunderstood tool as much as the crystal skulls can be for some people.
    The Universe Is A Vast Place Of Positive Energy. Be Wise, Be Courageous and Just Be Yourself.